Friday, June 29, 2012

Renew Your Mind

This week I've spend some time with students at camp. I love camp and I love that it can be a huge turning point in the lives of many.

I've noticed a few things about students today (and even some of this applies to myself).

1. We don't know how to study God's word. I'm not sure whose fault it is. I wonder if the church is not teaching is or if we are not listening. What ever the case, these kids are the church and will be teaching my kids one day. How can we know the Lord if we randomly read sentences from the Bible (as many do in their time with God) and not take in-depth looks at these beautiful passages?

2. We are hurting. People haven't changed. Students are hurting because at one time their parents were hurting. We live in a cycle of bad decisions due to sin and hurt that is never resolved. God is our healer.

3. I'd say we often do not heal because we do not trust God to renew our minds. Romans 12:2 says we should be transformed by the renewing of our minds so we can test God's perfect will. I know my mind needs renewal, my first thoughts or reactions are often nasty.

Join me, please. Let's renew our minds in God's word. His good and perfect Will is about the kingdom, not our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment