Thursday, June 21, 2012

Newlywed News

Oh, dear, sweet 12 days of marriage and I find that I am definitely not an expert, but my husband is so adorable. Honestly, I feel like he is soo good at being a husband already and I'm a total mess. I don't deserve as much grace as he gives me.

But let's forget the serious side of this and let me tell you what's hilarious and super awkward.

1. Marriage has made me a total klutz. One of the first things I did as a wife was run right into a table in our room on our honeymoon and put a huge bruise on my leg. The past week has consisted of me dripping mustard from my sandwich all over a new blanket and then rubbing it on my neck and hair, pouring cocoa powder all down my front while making cookies, stepping on a hammer my love left in the floor and stubbing my toe on the ground.. and many more.

2. Men don't understand decorations. Lucas and I agreed while we were dating that, if we did marry, I would not flood our bed with throw pillows (even though that would be adorable). However, I have learned that putting decorations on the movie shelf that cover up the movies and don't allow us to display them is unheard of in the man world.

3. Introducing myself as "Hanna Tu-r-uh-hi-ckman...?"

4. When we got home from the honeymoon and I realized there was a man living in the same house as me.

The life of a newly wed is one of awkwardness and change. After we got back from our honeymoon my boss said to me "You might not think I know what's going on at the Hickman house right now, but I do. You're trying to figure out how to live together."

Truth.

But here's to not forgetting these fun and awkward moments that will make us a stronger married couple. Mark 10:7-8 says "'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one." (NIV) That reason he refers to is that God made man and woman for a purpose. God is beautiful in how he creates us to be his representatives, but I'm sure even He laughs along the way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment